There is a lot each of us can do to make a strong case against construction of a gas pipeline through Augusta County’s farms and forests.
Comment on the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS)
– You can send comments on the DEIS to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) until April 6th. More information here.
Sign our pledge!
– We the People is a pledge calling on Dominion and other local, state, and federal decision making bodies to slow the approval process down in order to more fully, thoughtfully, and transparently assess the pros and cons of the ACP. Sign it!
Send the Forest Service a note of support
– The Forest Service has consistently shown its commitment to a careful and thorough analysis of these types of projects, requiring applicants to provide complete and high quality information and making decisions based on its own timelines. Let them know to keep up the good work!
Send letters to newspapers
Send a note to the Augusta Board of Supervisors thanking them for standing strong
Write letters to legislators
Become an Intervener in FERC
– Registration to become an official intervener in the FERC process closed on 10/23/2015, but you may still file as an “out of time” intervener. Follow our step-by-step guide and contact us if you want some help!
Write letters to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
– Even if you did not sign up as an “intervener”, you may still write letters to FERC
- Ms. Kimberly Bose
Secretary, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
888 First Street, NE
Washington, DC 20426
– Augusta County Alliance runs on the generosity of volunteers– donating their time and efforts. WE NEED YOUR HELP! If you are willing to stuff envelopes, attend meetings, deliver signs, read reports, make comments, or organize your friends and neighbors, please email Nancy Sorrells or call 540-292-4170. Working together we can beat this pipeline!
– email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for information.
– for email alerts
-Support the Augusta County Alliance Pipeline Campaign
Your tax-deductible donation to Augusta County Alliance pipeline supports our public education and outreach materials, like our fliers, yard signs and the website. Our fiscal agent is the Shenandoah Valley Network program at the Piedmont Environmental Council. You will receive an acknowledgement from them.
Donate online: You can donate online through The Network for Good. Be sure to type “Augusta County Alliance” in the “Designation” field to ensure your contribution goes to our pipeline work.
Donate by mail: Download this form and enclose along with your check made out to “PEC – Shenandoah Valley Network” with “Augusta pipeline” noted on the memo line to:
Augusta County Alliance
3419 Cold Springs Road
Greenville, VA 24440
Thank you for your support!